Pages

stormy sky in May - ciel bas en mai




beautiful red grass in the vineyards
l'herbe rouge dans la vigne
We raised  trellis wires on the syrah on this wintery May afternoon.  I've even got the polar fleece tube scarf on.  It's pretty cold if I've got the tube scarf on.
On est allé remonter les fils dans les syrahs par temps d'hiver fin mai. J'ai le tube en laine polaire au cou. Il fait froid quand je sort le tube.
I'm trying to look positive and it's not really working
Je veux avoir l'aire optimiste mais c'est un peu raté...






Whole aside on the Sorels - they're the boots in this fetching shot of me.  Thank you to the fancy lady who gave them to the second hand store in Westport, Connecticut.   I found them and knew that I would have happy feet in the vineyards all winter but I had no idea I would be wearing them at the end of May.  That said, it rained all afternoon in Cannes... all the stars in their fancy garb got drenched! No me, I'm dry and toasty - I got my Sorels!

Bon, la petite histoire des  Sorels - les bottes -dans cette belle photo.  Un grand remerciement à la chic dame qui les a donné aux bonnes œuvres de Westport, Connecticut.  Quand je les ai trouvés je savais que j'allais avoir les pieds bien au chaud tout l'hiver mais je n'imaginais pas que j'allais les porter fin mai.  Ceci dit, il a plu toute la journée à Cannes et tous les stars dans leur chics robes se sont mouillés.  Pas moi,  j'ai les pieds bien au sec dans mes Sorels.